Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What's for dinner?

Since I was a kid I swore I'd marry a man that could cook so I wouldn't have to and I did. He likes cooking, I like eating, it works. But I also like staying home with my kids, which means he works and he happens to work evenings. Doesn't work so well for me not cooking...

I don't HATE cooking, but it's not something that I particularly enjoy, mostly because by the time I realize that it's dinner time it's too late to actually cook and have dinner ready before my son's bedtime. Even when I plan meals ahead, time slips by in the rush of things and it's too late so we're back to oatmeal, or hotdogs, or pizza, well you get the picture.

So I'm falling in love with my crockpot and dinners I can make in 30min or less. I thought I'd share them here, for people who are like I used to be and too lazy to spend an hour or 2 in the kitchen, or people like I am now who are too busy chasing kids (or whatever) to spend an hour or 2 in the kitchen.

The crockpot is my favorite since i can put it all together in the am when my hubby is home to wrangle our little adventurers or during naptime; I love being able to see that it's dinner time and just dish it out. It works into my life rather than making my life work into how long it's going to take to make dinner.

Hope you like it and if you've got any recipes that are quick or slow cook then I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment