Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken w/Black Beans

This was my first crockpot attempt and it turned out pretty well. It's very Tex-Mex and a little more salsa-y tasting than I was in the mood for that night, but the leftovers tasted better than the first night. I chose it because I could use frozen chicken instead of having to remember to thaw it first. (I'll post a pic next time I make it.)

Ingredients:

Servings:4
        
- 4-5 FROZEN boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 1/2oz) can of black beans
- 1 (15oz) can of corn
- 1 (15oz) jar of salsa or picante sauce
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese

Directions:

Prep Time: 3 mins
Total Time: 5 hrs
  1.  Take 4-5 frozen boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
  2. Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
  3. Keep in crock pot on high for about 4 hours or until chicken is cooked. Stir occasionally.
  4. Add cream cheese, just toss it on top and let in melt over the next hour or so.
  5. Serve as is or over a bed of rice.


    Original recipe found at Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment